10 December 2010

Don't mind me, I'm just here for the tram crash

Northern-set soap opera Coronation Street celebrated its 50th anniversary yesterday with a live episode in a week that "started" with a rather over-the-top scene where an explosion brought down a viaduct and a tram then went down through the gap.

I don't usually watch soap operas; but I tuned in for this. I might start watching this a bit more often.

I'm the sort of guy who treats his television watching like he's Joel from Mystery Science Theatre 3000, only without the robots. I like to snark.

Corrie's got a lot to snark about: [spoiler]'s death yesterday, along with [spoiler]'s birth scene and [spoiler] and [spoiler]'s [spoiler] wedding. All were ultimately clichéd and corny.

My TV watching can't all be stuff like Mad Men and Downton Abbey; we all should have a bit of fast food every so often.

No comments: