Some thoughts on it:
- Not much Lib Dem bashing. Then again, they're no longer the main threat, Cameron's Tories are.
- Section on foreign policy was good as always. Regardless of your views on Iraq to begin with, we cannot abandon them now.
- Some great stuff on Cameron. Easily the highlight of the speech.
- The 'Thank yous' were nice.
- Good defence of some of our more controversial policies. It's our values that need to be implemented ultimately, not certain policies. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter where the money comes from, provided its spent.
- Great listing of Labour's achievements.
- Brilliant line about wanting to be the first Labour leader to win three successive elections.
- Didn't endorse anyone for the leadership, but that's not a surprise.
It wasn't the best of speeches, but it was good. Well done, Tony. And thank you.