08 April 2012

TOAW III Turn 19: Evaporation Day

I've got good news and bad news.

The good news is that I've gotten some more air support. From the Chinese - who have decided to contribute a large number of MiG-15s - two groups to start with, with three more coming. I decided to deploy one of these units in Pyongyang to begin with as it would be closer to the front. In the UN half of turn 19 that force came under heavy air attack, taking considerable losses, but also inflicting them at a greater than 1:1 ratio on the larger prop-driven blue/green forces.

The bad news - many of my units have now fallen apart under the strain of the fighting and UN attacks; basically most of the men are scattered, dead or POWs. I'll get some of them back as the units are recreated over the next few turns, but the UN is getting alarmingly close to the 38th Parallel and my VP count is dropping gradually...

No comments: