Here's some of my alternative, then:
- Aim to eliminate the bulk of the deficit by 2020, not 2015.
- Halve the speed of the cuts.
- Cut salaries of top executives - no public sector worker should earn more than the Prime Minister
- Require universities to make similar cuts on top-level pay before they are allowed to charge £9,000 a year
- Focus on getting people into work in the private sector, so they can fuel growth
- A Robin Hood tax.
- Ensure that funding to local councils is based on local needs (e.g. free school meal requirements). It is unjust that Witney should have a far smaller cut than Lewisham.