30 December 2009

Revolution or war

The excellent Jams at The Poor Mouth (see my sidebar) continues with his commentary on the Iranian protests, which the regime is going to increasing lengths to try and suppress- but not succeeding.

It's clear that 2010 will be a significant year for Iran. If the regime is not overthrown and replaced by a less belligerent administration, Israel, the likely target for any nuclear weapons produced by Iran, will launch an airstrike against Iranian nuclear facilities.

If that happens, I don't know whether the regime will be strengthened or not. The populace might well rally around the government and democratic ambitions will be frustrated further.

I hope we don't have to find out.

1 comment:

jams o donnell said...

Thanks for the endorsement! Seriously I don't know how things will fall in Iran, I hope the revolution will succeed and the regime is thrown out, I fear that it will be a massacre of progressives anmd a far more brutal regime