- Place the Iraqis firmly in command. Put their generals and leaders in charge of the Multi-National Forces.
- Focus our effects a lot more on training the Iraqi forces.
- Zero tolerance of corruption, police abuse of power.
- Banning all the militias. In fact, get the Iraqi government to make possession of a firearm, save by the militaries and bodyguards, a criminal offence.
- Point out who is responsible for most of the deaths in Iraq.
- When the training of the Iraqi forces is done, start fully withdrawing, but set the timetable privately.
- Take a tough stance with Iran and Syria. These regimes simply need to stop arming these terrorists. Sanctions would be a good idea, but not war.
- No use of torture. It just makes us look bad.
- Carry on with the province-by-province transfer of security, but speed it up.
Comments are welcome.