OK, here is my take on recent events in Ferguson, Missouri:
- Mike Brown was engaged in criminal activity at the time of his death, there is no question of that.
- If the officer's version of events is correct, then he was justified in using deadly force.
- If not, then he certainly wasn't.
- Eyewitnesses contradict each other all the time.
- There should be a civil trial to determine what happened on the balance of probabilities; the Browns need their day in court.
- There is something frankly rotten in the town of Ferguson.
- Rioting, especially against those who had nothing to do with it, just makes the town worse. Many of those shops will remain gutted out shells.